The body of a naked woman is discovered in the forest near Niederkaltenkirchen. She had recently moved into Simmerl’s first-floor apartment, from where she had offered online strip shows under the name “Mona.” Eberhofer is on the verge of a juicy case, since the circle of suspects includes a few of her customers, including Leopold, Simmerl and Flötzinger. These are hard times for Franz, both professionally and privately: Leopold’s and Susi’s duplex expands in equal measure to Franz’s distaste for their cozy domestic happiness. Then: a second corpse appears in the woods. The same MO. A serial murderer in Niederkaltenkirchen?
- A marvelous situational comedy with touching, humanizing passages. Eberhofer’s typical impudence and intriguingly original investigative methods balance each other out. Loads of fun from the first page to the last.
- Franz Eberhofer’s ninth case
- Each of the series titles has landed in the top 5 spots of the bestseller list
- Rita Falk's sales figures total around 5 million copies
- An internationally successful series in France, Hungary, Latvia, and Turkey
- Compelling film adaptations of the Niederkaltenkirchen series by Ed Herzog/Constantin Film
“With her black humor, Rita Falk’s Weisswurstconnection once again sends us readers into tears of laughter.” Freundin, November 2016
“Rita Falk’s regional crime novels are cult favorites.” Luise Forkel, bild.de, November 2016
“The crime author’s literary skill is silkily fluid and as gentle as a brook, although it can sometimes sweep you along like a raging wild stream.” Walter Prankl, kultur-punks.ch, January 2017